The Impact of Covid-19 on Acute Coronary Syndromes Webinar
The Impact of COVID-19 on Acute Coronary Syndromes webinar took place on Thursday 17th December 2020. Sponsored by Terumo, the webinar featured an array of clinical cases as well as discussions centred around the indirect impact on cardiovascular disease and trial implications presented by a global faculty.
The webinar also served as a tribute to the COVID ACS registry's creator and the webinar's programme director, Prof. Tony Gershlick, who sadly passed from COVID-19 on the 20th November 2020. The president of the British Cardiovascular Society, Simon Ray, hosted the webinar and paid tribute to Tony and his outstanding career in his honour.
View the programme here.
- 00:00:00 - 00:05:19 - Introduction - Simon Ray, Farzin Fath-ordoubadi
- 00:05:19 - 00:25:34 - The fall and rise of ACS admissions; making sense of the data
- 00:25:34 - 00:48:24 - The indirect impact on cardiovascular disease
- 00:48:24 - 01:01:38 - Case presentation 1: My most interesting COVID-19 case - Manel Sabate
- 01:01:38 - 01:31:00 - Protecting the doctor: PPE and ACS. What do the data tell us? - Sukh Nijjer
- 01:31:00 - 01:45:30 - Public health messaging: not as easy as it sounds - Shahed Ahmad
- 01:45:30 - 01:57:29 - Case presentation 2: COVID-19 ACS: A case with mixed pathology? - Adriano Caixeta
- 01:57:29 - 02:14:45 - The global COVID-19 ACS Registry - Tom Kite
- 02:14:45 - 02:37:30 - e Ultimaster registry ACS subgroup - James Cockburn
- 02:37:30 - 0242:26 - Terumo Video - Ultimaster Tansei in Bifurication lesions
Focus on Mechanisms: Is thrombogenicity central to the COVID-19 ACS Patient? Is there ever a role for fibrinolysis in COVID-19+ve ACS?
- 00:00:00 - 00:19:20 - Case presentation 3: My EURO SHOCK trial case during the COVID-19 era: Impact on trials - Martin Orban
- 00:19:20 - 00:40:05 - Case presentation 4: "RCA P-PCI in young COVID-19 patient" - Luciano Candilio, presented by Ali Kirresh
- 00:40:05 - 00:57:54 - Case presentation 5: "COVID-19 patient with inferior STEMI" - Ghada Kazamel
- 00:57:54 - 01:21:32 - What do we see at post mortem? - Renu Virmani
- 01:21:32 - 01:44:33 - The US Registry: What we found - Tim Henry
- 01:44:33 - 02:06:15 - Myocardial injury, Thrombosis and Trial implications - Valentin Fuster
- 02:06:15 - 02:40:08 - Long-term sequelae of COVID-19: The need for prospective follow-up data - Bernard Gersh
- 02:40:08 - 03:02:23 - What lessons can we learn for next time - Summary and close - Simple take-home messages - Simon Ray