Hosted by University Hospital of Wales
Thursday 29th November 2018
Radisson Blu, Cardiff
This course is open to BCIS Members only. For details on joining BCIS visit: www.bcis.org.uk/subscribe
State of the art 1-day course on a cornerstone of PCI strategy i.e. getting thepharmacology right.
Topics will take attendees from first contact decision-making such as pre-loading and anti-platelet choice, through the cath lab with topics to include intravenous therapy during PCI, to the longer term with sessions on DAPT duration,switching and triple therapy.
Topics covered include:
- Role of pre-loading
- Intra-venous agents during PCI
- Update on emerging DAPT trial and registry data
- Anti-coagulation and anti-platelet therapy after PCI
- Optimal duration of DAPT, balancing ischaemia and bleeding
- Switching anti-platelets in convalescence
- On-going and future interventional pharmacology research
For BCIS Consultant Members this course is free of charge.
For BCIS Non-Consultant Members, there is a nominal registration fee of £25.00
Dr Tim Kinnaird, University Hospitalof Wales
Dr Richard Anderson, University Hospitalof Wales
Dr Tom Johnson, Bristol Royal Infirmary
Dr Mamas Mamas, University Hospital of North Midlands