Contemporary management of elderly patients
Hosted by Hull & East Yorkshire Hospitals
This course is open to BCIS Members only. For details on joining BCIS visit: www.bcis.org.uk/subscribe
State of the art 1-day course on decision-making and management of elderly patients with coronary or valvular heart disease. The course will incorporate perspectives from interventional cardiologists, cardiac surgeons, as well as care of the elderly physicians. The course is aimed at Consultant Cardiologists and will include keynote lectures, interactive sessions, expert discussion and case studies.
Topics covered include:
- Assessment of frailty and cognitive function
- Consent in elderly patients who lack capacity
- Appropriate level of care on ICU
- Out of hospital cardiac arrest
- Anti-platelet therapy and revascularization strategy in elderly patients
- Cardiac surgery in the over 80's
- Role of Balloon Aortic Valvotomy
- Selection and assessment of patients for TAVR
Submit your most interesting case, in open competition, for an opportunity to present it at this BCIS Study Day. Further submission details will be sent upon registration.
For BCIS Consultant Members this course is free of charge.
For BCIS Trainees and AHP Members, there is a nominal registration fee of £25.00
Dr Angela Hoye
Course Co-Directors: Dr Raj Chelliah, Dr Ben Davison, Dr Joseph John, Dr Richard Oliver