On Thursday 2nd April 2020, Millbrook Medical Conferences facilitated a four-hour webinar hosted by Imperial College London titled "The Imperial College COVID-19 Cardiovascular Conference".
Endorsed by The British Heart Foundation, the live webinar comprised of four highly-engaging sessions comprising of 34 talks from 32 members of faculty, 26 of which work at Imperial College London.
The six additional faculty members include Ajay Kirtane, Associate Professor of Medicine at CUMC, New York; Simon Ray, President of the British Cardiovascular Society; Professor Richard Shilling of Nightingale Hospital and Alfonso Lelasi, Senior Interventional Cardiologist at Bolognini Hospital Seriate, Italy.
The webinar was a huge success with over 5,600 people joining live from countries across the world, including Morroco, the USA, India, Norway and Sweden.
The content was recorded and is now available to view at any time using the links below. The content has been split by session. The view the full programme and faculty, click here.
Find out more about Ramzi Khamis, Conference Convener for the webinar here.
SESSION 1: A CUMULATIVE CLINICAL EXPERIENCE OF COVID-19
Chairs: Jamil Mayet, Ramzi Khamis
- Session Introduction Ramzi Khamis
- Experience from Italy Alfonso Lelasi
- Experience from New York, USA Ajay Kirtane
- Establishing an Emergency Field Hospital (Nightingale Excel) Richard Schilling
SESSION 2: THE SCIENCE BEHIND COVID-19 AND CARDIOVASCULAR DISEASE AND THERAPEUTIC POSSIBILITIES
Chairs: Justin Mason, Adam Hartley
- Session Introduction Justin Mason
- Immunopathogenesis of COVID-19 Peter Openshaw
- Risk of Vascular Complications in COVID-19 Joe Boyle
- COVID-19 Myocarditis? Graham Cole
- Hydroxychloroquine Justin Mason
- Colchicine Dorian Haskard
- Anti-IL-6 Therapy Taryn Youngstein
- Novel Technologies for Investigating COVID-19 & the Cardiovascular System Amir Lerman
SESSION 3: PREVENTION, EQUIPMENT AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
Chairs: Simon Ray, Amanda Varnava
- Session Introduction Amanda Varnava
- UK Guidelines for Safe Working in Cardiology Simon Ray
- Prevention in the Cardiac Catheter Laboratory Ricardo Petraco and Sayan Sen
- Prevention in the Echo Department Bushra Rana
- IT Measures to Reduce COVID-19 Infection Sukh Nijjer and Ahran Arnold
- Classification of Elective Case Admissions Sayan Sen and Boon Lim
SESSION 4: TEAM WORKING AND ADAPTATION
Chairs: Jamil Mayet, Andy Chukwuemeka
- Session Introduction Jamil Mayet
- Adaptation to Acute Coronary Syndrome Pathways Ricardo Petraco
- Adaptation to Ward Arrangements Nick Linton
- Adaptation to Ambulance Services Chris Baker
- Adaptation to Clinical Networks and Inter-Hospital Working Iqbal Malik
- Special Considerations in the Cardiac Catheter Laboratory Ghada Mikhail
- Staffing Special Considerations David Lefroy and Daniel Keene
- Maintaining Staff Welfare during the Outbreak Punam Pabari
- Influencing Public Policy and Fundraising Rasha Al-Lamee
- Adapting Outpatient and Imaging Services in the Midst of COVID-19 Amanda Varnava
- Adapting Cardiothoracic Surgery Services with COVID-19 Jon Anderson
- Making Difficult Clinical Decisions during the Outbreak Sunthar Kanaganayagam
- Conclusion and Wrap Up
Answers to the questions given to the presenters throughout the webinar will be available to view on this page shortly.